Tire blowouts can be dangerous for any driver. However, tractor-trailer tire blowouts can cause catastrophic accidents. If you were involved in such an accident, you could be entitled to compensation from multiple parties.
Our Tampa truck accident lawyers have over 120 years of experience handling complex personal injury cases. Our law firm has recovered more than half a billion dollars in damages for our clients since 1992. Moreover, we have extensive experience representing truck accident victims.
If you or your family member was injured because of a trailer tire blowout accident, call (813) 222-8545 or contact us to schedule a free consultation with one of our Catania & Catania personal injury attorneys in Tampa, FL.
Table of Contents
How Can Our Tampa Truck Accident Lawyers Help You After a Crash
Trucking companies and their insurance providers do not always play fair, especially after a tire blowout. Instead, they try to fight valid injury claims because they do not want to pay millions of dollars in damages. After all, commercial trucking insurance policies are often worth six and seven figures.
Our Tampa truck accident attorneys are familiar with their tactics, and we know how to fight back and win. When you hire Catania and Catania Injury Lawyers to handle your injury claim, our legal team will:
- Provide support, legal advice, and guidance during every phase of the case
- Investigate the cause of the truck accident to determine what caused the truck’s tires to blow out
- Work with trucking industry experts and other expert witnesses to gather evidence of negligence and damages
- File insurance claims and lawsuits to recover compensation for your damages
- Negotiate fair settlements and aggressively argue your case in court
We encourage you to reach out to our law office to speak with a member of our legal team. It does not cost anything to speak with a Tampa truck accident lawyer about your case. Call now or contact our office online for your free consultation.
What Causes Tractor-Trailer Tire Blowouts?
Commercial truck tires blow out for many reasons. Sometimes a blowout is beyond the control of the truck driver or trucking company. However, some blowouts may indicate negligent conduct by one or more parties.
Common causes of tractor-trailer tire blowouts include:
- Improper inflation – Truck tires that are underinflated or overinflated are more prone to blowouts. Therefore, truck drivers and maintenance crews should check tire pressure before each trip to ensure proper inflation.
- Defective truck tires – Some tire blowouts are caused by defective truck tires. Tire manufacturers could be strictly liable for damages under product liability laws.
- Tire tread – Truck and trailer tires may blow out if the tire tread is worn. Treadwear can lead to added friction and overheating. Overheating can lead to truck tire blowouts.
- Improperly loaded cargo – Commercial trucks carrying heavy loads put a strain on the truck tires. Truck tires that carry too much weight become stressed and may blow out. Improperly lading a truck may also cause a blowout if the cargo shifts and puts strain on specific tires.
- Tread separation – Defective tire components and steel belts could cause the tire tread to separate. As a result, the tire breaks apart, causing debris to be scattered in the road.
- Faulty retreads – Some trucking companies may save money by retreading truck tires. If the retread is faulty, it could cause the tire to blow out.
When a truck tire blows out, the truck driver may lose control of the truck. The driver may jerk the wheel in reaction to the sudden shift in vehicle weight in one direction.
Another cause of tractor-trailer tire blowout accidents is road debris. When a tire blows out, large sections of the tire may be scattered over the road. Other drivers may swerve to avoid the debris, causing a car accident. Running over tire debris can also cause a traffic accident.
Other types of truck accidents that are affected by tire blowouts include:
- Logging accidents
- Amazon van accidents
- UPS and FedEx delivery truck accidents
- Wolfcamp Shale truck accidents
- And more
Determining Who is Responsible for a Tractor-Trailer Tire Blowout Accident in Tampa, FL
One or more parties may be liable for damages caused by tire blowout accidents. Liability for the truck accident could rest with:
- Trucking companies
- The owner of the tractor and/or trailer
- Truck drivers
- Tire manufacturers
- Maintenance companies and repair shops
- Loaders and shippers
When injuries result from tire blowouts, it is crucial to determine the factors that contributed to the cause of the accident. For example, if the accident was caused by tire debris, expert investigators work to link the tire to a specific truck.
Hiring an experienced Tampa truck accident lawyer to handle your case can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your lost wages, medical bills, physical injuries, and emotional distress.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Truck Accidents Lawyers
A tractor-trailer tire blowout can cause dangerous road conditions. Whether your tire blowout accident was caused by a semi-truck or debris from a truck tire blowout, you should not be responsible for damages you did not cause. Contact our law office to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced truck accident attorney in Tampa, FL. Remember, your time to file a lawsuit is limited by Florida’s statute of limitations. So call today to protect your rights.