Have you or someone you love been injured in a motorcycle crash in Tampa, FL? You might be entitled to financial compensation. Call Catania & Catania Injury Lawyers at (813) 222-8545 to schedule a free consultation. Our Tampa motorcycle accident attorneys will fight for the money you deserve.
At Catania & Catania, P.A., we have fought tirelessly for the rights of motorcycle crash victims for over 28 years. Contact our law office today to schedule a free case review with a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer who can help. There is no fee unless we win.
How Catania & Catania, P.A. Can Help You After a Motorcycle Accident in Tampa
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash in Tampa, FL, it’s crucial to consult with an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The insurance company is not on your side, no matter how caring and friendly the insurance adjuster seems. They may try to blame you for your accident, minimize the severity of your injuries, or make lowball settlement offers to limit their liability.
At Catania & Catania, P.A., we have nearly three decades of experience fighting for injured motorcyclists in Tampa, Florida. Our law firm has earned the highest Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent rating thanks to our dedication to injury victims. We have recovered more than $500 million for our clients. Our elite law firm is small enough to give your personal injury case the attention it deserves, but big enough to provide the resources you need to succeed.
When you choose our law office to represent you, you can trust that we will:
- Handle all communications and administrative tasks on your behalf
- Offer dependable legal advice and support
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your crash to gather evidence
- Work with specialists as needed to prove causation, negligence, and the extent of your injuries
- Build a strong evidence-based case and pursue all avenues for compensation
- Accurately value all the damages you sustained and negotiate for a fair settlement
- Take your case before a jury if the insurance company does not treat you fairly
Contact Catania & Catania, P.A. today to discuss how we can help you. Our Tampa motorcycle accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, so you have nothing to lose by seeking the legal representation you need.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Tampa?
Florida is one of the top states for motorcycles, with over 592,000 bikes registered in the state. Out-of-state motorcyclists also visit Florida for its big motorcycle rallies, ideal weather, and scenic roads. However, Florida is also one of America’s top three states for deadly motorcycle accidents.
The Florida Department of Highway and Motor Vehicles (FDHMV) reported 8,890 motorcycle crashes in 2019. Five hundred and fifty of these accidents were fatal. Although motorcycles were involved in just two to four percent of all traffic accidents in Florida, they accounted for about 20% of traffic deaths.
What is My Tampa Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
All motorcycle accident cases are valued based on many unique, individual variables. There is no formula or calculator that can be used to estimate your case’s worth without adequate investigation.
The value of your motorcycle accident case will likely be based on:
- The amount of insurance coverage
- Whether you share blame
- The strength of your negligence case
- The severity and type of injuries
- The cause and circumstances of the crash
- How your injuries will impact your life and ability to work
After determining the value of your economic damages like medical bills and lost earnings, we will estimate the value of your non-economic losses like pain and suffering. These estimates will serve as a starting point for negotiations.
The best way to determine the value of your case is to schedule a free consultation with a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer.
What Damages Are Available to Motorcycle Accident Victims in Tampa, FL?
When your injury claim is successful, you are entitled to compensation for your economic and non-economic losses after the accident.
You can recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical bills related to the crash, including current and future medical costs
- Lost wages for time off work
- Diminished earning capacity if incapacitated, disabled, or impaired
- Property damage from your motorcycle wreck
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
You may be entitled to punitive damages as well. A jury awards punitive damages to punish the defendant if they caused your crash through gross negligence or wanton indifference to human life.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I’m Partially at Fault for My Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
It is common for two or more parties to share fault in a traffic accident. For instance, you may have been speeding, but the other driver’s distracted driving was the primary cause of the collision.
Under Florida’s pure comparative negligence system, you can recover damages even if you are partially at fault for the crash. You can recover compensation even if you are up to 99% to blame. However, your damages will be reduced based on your share of liability. For example, if you have $50,000 in damages but are 10% at fault, you will only take home $45,000 (90%).
Be aware that insurance companies use comparative negligence to their advantage. They may try to blame you for your crash or claim you did not mitigate damages. Always consult with a Tampa motorcycle accident attorney if you are being blamed for your accident.
We Will Fight for Compensation for All Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
With little protection in a crash, motorcyclists face a high risk of serious injury or death. The NHTSA has found that motorcyclists are 27x more likely to be fatally injured in an accident than car occupants. At Catania & Catania, P.A., we are dedicated to fighting for the full compensation you deserve for all the injuries you suffered.
We represent motorcyclists who have suffered:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, such as road rash
- Broken bones
A motorcycle crash can leave you with life-changing injuries and affect you for the rest of your life. We realize that you may face an unfair stigma over your injuries simply because you chose to ride a motorcycle. We will fight back against insurance adjusters and juries to seek the compensation you deserve.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Accidents in Tampa, Florida?
Motorcycle crashes are usually the result of human error from a motorcyclist, driver, or pedestrian.
Common causes of motorcycle crashes in Tampa include:
- Speeding. This is a primary factor in 33% of fatal motorcycle accidents, especially those involving sports bikes and younger riders.
- Drunk driving. Nearly 27% of fatal motorcycle accidents involve alcohol.
- Lane splitting. Lane splitting is illegal in Florida.
- Distracted driving.
- Unsafe lane change or improper lane use.
- Left-hand turns. Nearly 40% of motorcycle accidents happen when a passenger vehicle is turning left.
- Road conditions. Potholes, damaged asphalt, and other poor road conditions are especially dangerous for motorcyclists.
A 10-year study on motorcycle accidents in Florida found that other drivers were at fault 60% of the time in accidents between a motorcycle and motor vehicle.
However, motorcyclists can also bear the blame for a crash. Inexperienced, younger motorcyclists are more likely to be involved in a crash than older riders with experience. Sports bikes also have a higher rate of accidents and fatalities because they are harder to control and reach higher speeds.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Motorcycle Accident in Tampa, FL?
Proving negligence requires showing:
- The other party owed you a duty of care. All motorists owe others a duty of care to obey traffic laws and exercise reasonable caution.
- The defendant breached this duty of care. A driver may breach their duty by driving recklessly, speeding, or texting while driving, among other things.
- This breach led to your accident.
- You suffered damages.
Your Tampa motorcycle accident attorneys will use many forms of evidence to prove negligence. The police report may indicate the officer’s opinion on the cause. Witness statements, dashcam footage, photos of the scene, and the other driver’s cell phone records may all support your case.
At Catania & Catania, P.A., we may also work with specialists for expert testimony that helps establish causation and your damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Crash in Florida?
There is a four-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Florida. Missing this crucial deadline means your case will be dismissed, and you will not be able to recover any compensation. The statute of limitations for a fatal motorcycle crash is just two years.
Do not delay your claim. The investigation and negotiation process can take many months. Delays can allow valuable evidence to be lost which may weaken your case. Contact our law office today to schedule a free consultation to protect your claim.
Contact a Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
After a serious motorcycle crash, you should not have to fight the at-fault driver or their insurance company for fair compensation. Do not accept a settlement offer from the insurance company without speaking with a Tampa personal injury lawyer.
Contact Catania & Catania, P.A. today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer ready to help you.
Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Review
Tampa Emergency Rooms
- Tampa General Hospital Emergency Room – 1 Tampa General Cir, Tampa, FL 33606
- St. Joseph’s Hospital- Emergency Center – 3001 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL 33614
- ER 24/7 at Memorial Hospital of Tampa – 2901 W Swann Ave 1st Floor, Tampa, FL 33609
- AdventHealth Carrollwood ER – 7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated auto repair shops on Yelp.