As a woman, you want to use a birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy and protect your health. Pharmaceutical companies like Bayer promise those exact results with their products like the Essure birth control device, but as thousands of women have realized, Essure poses very real, tangible risks to patients.
If you have received an Essure birth control implant since 2002 and suffered injuries as a result, you could qualify to receive compensation in a mass tort lawsuit against Bayer. Here’s what you need to do if you’ve been injured.
Record Your Injuries
The Essure implants contain nickel-titanium alloys, materials known to cause allergic reactions including rashes, itching, and hives. However, many women have experienced health problems after their Essure implants that go far beyond allergic reactions.
Record any and all adverse health reactions you have had to Essure, which may include any of the following:
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular menstruation
- Weight fluctuations
- Unprevented pregnancy
- Vaginal infections
- Tooth decay and loss
- Chronic pain and headaches
Contact Catania and Catania Now to File Your Essure Claim
Catania and Catania has been serving the Tampa, Florida area for more than 25 years with superior legal services, including mass tort lawsuits.
Any tort is a civil – not criminal – issue committed by one person or party that causes injury to another person. The party responsible for the tort becomes liable for the harm suffered by the victims. The victims (in this case Essure patients) can sue the defendant (in this case Bayer) to recover damages in the form of monetary compensation. When one single tort results in significant injury to many victims over a period of time, it is labeled as a mass tort.
There are many benefits to filing a mass tort claim rather than an individual lawsuit against bayer:
- The preparation that goes into a mass tort case is transferred from client to client to increase efficiency and speed
- You will receive your own separate trial, rather than being lumped together with many others in a class action lawsuit
- Your compensation recovery is likely to be higher than it would be from a class action suit since the trial is based upon your unique experiences, pain, and suffering
Call 1-800-253-5523 to schedule your free Essure case evaluation with Catania and Catania in Tampa, Florida. Don’t wait – the deadline to file an Essure claim is October 31!
Latest posts by Catania Catania Law Team (see all)
- Expect A Major Decrease in Florida’s Workers’ Compensation Rates in 2019 - November 20, 2018
- Should You Use a Lawyer Who Works on Contingency? - November 10, 2018
- 3 Important Things to Know If You Are Injured On the Job - October 20, 2018