You can see Amazon delivery drivers in neighborhoods and business areas throughout Tampa. Amazon has become one of the largest delivery services in the country. Online shopping is expected to continue to increase, so there may be more delivery vans sharing the road with motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists.
Amazon delivery truck accidents can cause traffic fatalities and severe injuries. Our Tampa Amazon van and truck accident lawyers have extensive experience handling personal injury cases, including delivery truck accidents. With over 120 years of combined legal experience, Catania & Catania, P.A. lawyers have the skills, resources, and experience necessary to battle large delivery companies and insurance companies.
How Our Tampa Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help With Your Claim
For over 30 years, Catania & Catania, P.A. has been assisting accident victims throughout South Florida. We have recovered millions of dollars in jury verdicts and settlements for our clients. Our Tampa truck accident lawyers aggressively pursue all legal claims to recover maximum compensation for your injuries and damages.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of the car crash to identify the parties liable for your injuries
- File a claim with the auto insurance company for the at-fault party
- Gather evidence proving causation and liability
- Document damages and calculate the value of your injury claim
- Monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits and claims under Florida’s statute of limitations
- Work with expert witnesses to gather additional evidence to support your claim, when necessary
We understand you may have questions about an accident with an Amazon delivery driver. Reach out to our law office online or call to schedule a free consultation with one of our Tampa Amazon van and truck accident attorneys.
Why Do Amazon Van and Truck Accidents Happen in Tampa?
Delivering packages can be stressful. Amazon truck drivers are under enormous pressure to deliver packages on a tight schedule. The pressure to keep an unreasonable schedule can cause drivers to make mistakes. Those mistakes can lead to property damage, bodily injury, and wrongful death.
Common causes of accidents involving Amazon vehicles include, but are not limited to:
- Distractions from looking at delivery schedules and GPS results
- Lack of training for drivers and inexperienced delivery drivers
- Fatigued and drowsy drivers who work long shifts and days without a break
- Sudden stops and parking in spots that are not intended for delivery vehicles
- Cargo that comes loose or shifts because of improper loading or securing of loads
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Lack of maintenance for delivery vans and trucks
- Backing up accidents
If you are involved in an Amazon truck accident, call 911 and wait for police and emergency medical services to arrive. Seek medical attention as soon as possible and contact Catania & Catania, P.A. for a free consultation to discuss your next steps.
Amazon Delivery Van and Truck Accident Injuries
The injuries caused by Amazon van and truck accidents range from minor sprains and strains to catastrophic and life-threatening injuries.
Common injuries victims sustain in an Amazon vehicle accident include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries and nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Severe burns
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and Back injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Wrongful death
Document your injuries through medical records. You cannot recover compensation for injuries and damages unless you prove the accident caused your injuries. Prompt medical attention improves your chance of recovery.
You must also prove that the Amazon delivery driver caused the accident. If the driver was acting within their scope of employment, Amazon may be vicariously liable for your claim.
What Compensation Can I Receive for an Accident Claim Against Amazon?
Suppose the Amazon delivery driver is responsible for causing the crash, you may be entitled to compensation for damages from the driver, Amazon, and any other party who contributed to the cause of the crash.
The types of damages you could receive include:
- Pain and suffering caused by physical injuries
- Medical expenses and cost of treatment of injuries
- Occupational, physical, emotional, and rehabilitation therapies
- The cost of long-term personal and nursing care
- Loss of income and benefits
- Future lost wages and reduced earning potential
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Impairments, disfigurement, and disability
The amount of money you receive for a personal injury claim could be reduced by allegations of contributory fault. If you are being blamed for causing a car accident, it would be wise to seek legal advice immediately from one of our Tampa truck accident attorneys.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Amazon Van and Truck Accident Lawyers
Fighting Amazon for fair compensation after a delivery van accident can be frustrating, time-consuming, and costly. Our Tampa accident attorneys handle all aspects of your case while we protect your best interests.
Call now for your free consultation with one of our experienced Tampa Amazon accident attorneys.