Head-on crashes are some of the most dangerous types of motor vehicle accidents. This type of car accident has a high risk of fatal crashes and catastrophic accident injuries. If you are involved in a head-on car accident, immediate medical attention and sound legal advice are two of the most important ways to protect your best interests.
At Catania & Catania Injury Lawyers, our Tampa head-on crashes lawyers have extensive experience handling all types of collision claims. As a result, we understand the factors involved in car crashes of all kinds. We know how to fight for compensation for all types of injuries sustained by drivers or passengers.
Since 1992, our car accident attorneys have recovered over $500 million in settlements and jury verdicts for accident victims. With our “No win, no fee guaranteed” policy, you can trust that our legal team works diligently to get you the compensation you deserve for your accident claim.
Call our Tampa, FL law office at (813) 222-8545 to schedule your free consultation. Learn how we can help you and your family seek justice after a negligent driver caused your family needless pain and suffering, contact us here.
Table of Contents
How Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Help You After a Head-on Crash in Tampa, FL
Our Tampa auto accident lawyers have over 120 years of combined legal experience working with accident victims. A head-on car accident could result in wrongful death, disabling injuries, and a lifetime of pain and suffering. The reckless person who caused the head-on crash should be forced to accept responsibility for the damages they caused.
When you hire Catania & Catania Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Work diligently to hold the party who caused the car accident financially liable for all damages
- Investigate the cause of the crash to gather evidence and identify each party who contributed to the cause of the head-on crash
- Communicate with the insurance company and file/manage all insurance claims
- Work with medical experts and others to document the extent of your injuries and damages
- Carefully analyze your damages to calculate the maximum value for your injury claim
- Provide ongoing support, guidance, and legal advice throughout the claims process
- Negotiate for the maximum value of your claim
- Prepare to fight the case in court when the other parties refuse to negotiate a good faith settlement
Do not let an insurance adjuster convince you or bully you into accepting a settlement offer without seeking legal advice. Make sure you receive all money you are entitled to receive by talking with one of our Tampa personal injury attorneys.
Call our Tampa, Florida law firm now for your free consultation. There is no charge to speak with a lawyer about your case.
What Causes Head-On Crashes in Tampa?
Distracted driving continues to be a leading cause of head-on crashes. Distractions cause motorists to run red lights, fail to yield the right of way, and swerve into oncoming traffic. Taking your eyes off the road for just a second could result in a deadly car wreck.
In addition to distracted driving, other factors that might contribute to the cause of a head-on collision include:
- Being unfamiliar with an area
- Ignoring street signs and traffic signals
- Aggressive driving
- Road rage
- Mechanical failure (i.e., tire blowouts, failed brakes, etc.)
- Overcorrecting when running off the road
- Executing a turn too widely
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drowsy and fatigued driving
Most of the factors that cause a head-on car accident are avoidable errors in judgment or negligence. Unfortunately, the result is that an innocent victim is injured and suffers.
Injuries Sustained in Head-On Accidents
Statistics show that head-on collisions only account for about 2.7 percent of motor vehicle crashes in 2019. However, head-on crashes accounted for almost 11 percent of the deaths caused by auto accidents. One reason for the high fatality rate in head-on crashes is speed.
Studies indicate that as speed increases, the risk of catastrophic injuries increases. Many head-on accidents occur at high speeds with oncoming traffic. Vehicles traveling at high speeds that crash head-on can result in a rollover accident where the occupants may be crushed or ejected.
Potential injuries caused by head-on crashes include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injury to internal organs
- Severe disfigurement and scarring
- Catastrophic burns
- Multiple fractures and broken bones
- Crushing injuries
The person responsible for causing the head-on accident can be held liable for the injuries and damages caused by the crash. However, the victim must prove that the other driver caused the crash. Proving negligence, causation, and liability by a preponderance of the evidence could be difficult.
Our legal team aggressively pursues every piece of evidence in your case to build a strong case against the driver who caused your car accident. We take care of the legal issues while you focus on healing from the crash.
Damages Available for Victims of Head-on Car Accidents in Tampa
The damages you may receive for a head-on car crash in Tampa depend on the facts of your case. Generally, victims who sustain traumatic injuries and permanent impairments have high-value injury claims. However, regardless of the severity of your injuries, you deserve full compensation for all damages, and that is what we seek.
The types of damages that you could receive for a car accident case include:
- Pain and suffering for your emotional distress, mental anguish, and physical injuries
- The cost of in-home nursing care and personal care
- Reimbursement for loss of income, including future decreases in earning potential and lost wages
- The cost of medical care and treatment, including surgeries, therapies, diagnostic tests, and medications
- Permanent scarring, disabilities, impairment, and disfigurement
- Reductions in your quality of life or enjoyment of life
The value of your claim depends on factors, including the severity of your injuries and your monetary losses. We work with you to document all damages to increase the chance you receive maximum value for your claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
You are not alone. Our entire legal team is behind you and fighting for your best interests when you hire Catania & Catania Injury Lawyers to handle your accident case. Call now to speak with a Tampa head-on crashes lawyer for a free case evaluation. Let’s discuss how we can help fight for the money you deserve as you get your life back together after a devastating car crash.