Heavy traffic and speeding drivers are common factors in lane-change crashes in Tampa, FL. Unfortunately, lane change accidents are not always minor sideswipe crashes. These car crashes can cause severe injuries, significant property damage, and other damages.
Our Tampa car accident attorneys at Catania & Catania, P.A. have recovered millions of dollars for our clients in almost three decades of practice. With over 120 years of experience handling personal injury cases, our car accident lawyers have developed significant resources and skills related to auto accidents.
Call our law firm at (813) 222-8545 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Tampa lane change crash lawyers. We want to help you recover the money you deserve after being injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact our law office here.
How Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You with an Injury Claim
The weeks and months after a car crash in Tampa can be overwhelming. You may be confused about your legal rights and options for pursuing a personal injury claim. However, you do not have to handle the matter alone.
Our Tampa car accident attorneys at Catania & Catania, P.A. can help you navigate the claims process. We fight to get you the maximum compensation available for your case while protecting you from unfair insurance tactics and aggressive claims adjusters.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Pursue all legal avenues to get you the money you deserve
- Gather evidence proving the other driver caused the accident
- Handle all matters related to insurance claims, including filing claims and negotiating settlements
- Document your damages and the extent of your injuries
- Consult with and retain expert witnesses as necessary
- Monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits
We are passionate about fighting for the rights of accident victims. Our Tampa personal injury lawyers do not stop until we exhaust every avenue for recovering compensation for your injury claim.
Call our law office today to schedule your free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys in Tampa, FL.
Why Do Lane Change Crashes Happen in Tampa?
Florida law requires drivers to check to ensure that it is safe to change lanes before making the maneuver. However, many drivers still fail to check for other vehicles. They may not use their turn signals or check their blind spots before changing lanes.
Drivers who make an improper lane change can be issued a traffic citation in the State of Florida. Changing lanes without checking for traffic can cause a collision. Common causes of lane-change crashes include:
- Merging when traveling at unsafe speeds
- Changing lanes in an intersection or too close to an intersection
- Failing to check mirrors
- Changing lanes without sufficient visibility
- Changing more than one lane at a time
- Misjudging the distance between vehicles when changing lanes
Poor driving decisions and negligence also contributed to lane change accidents. Driving under the influence, distractions, fatigue, and road rage can also contribute to a lane change accident.
Injuries Caused by Tampa Lane Change Crashes
Lane charge crashes can result in severe injuries. Improper lane changes can cause rollover accidents, head-on collisions, or sideswipe accidents.
All of these of accidents can cause catastrophic injuries such as:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
Who is Responsible for Damages Caused by a Lane Change Accident?
The driver responsible for causing the car crash can be financially liable for your damages. You have the burden of proof in these cases. You must prove that the driver caused the crash and that the crash was the direct cause of your injuries and damages.
- Physical pain and suffering
- Impairments and disabilities
- Cost of medical treatment and nursing care
- Mental and emotional distress
- Cost of personal care and household services
- Lost wages, including a future reduction in earning potential
- Reduced quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
The value of your personal injury claim depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries. If you could be partially to blame for the cause of the accident, the value of your damages may be reduced by your percentage of fault.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Lane Charge Accident Lawyers
Florida law can be confusing regarding car accident cases. Accident victims must sustain serious injuries to pursue a claim against an at-fault driver under Florida no-fault insurance laws.
If you are unsure whether you have a claim, call us for a free case review with a Tampa car accident lawyer. You could be entitled to compensation for damages.