Left-turn accidents are some of the most common traffic accidents. Often referred to as a T-bone accident, left-turn crashes can result in side-impact collisions. However, these crashes may also result in head-on crashes. Each of these accidents can cause serious injuries and damages.
Our Tampa left turn accident lawyers at Catania & Catania, P.A. have decades of experience helping car accident victims in Tampa Bay. We’ve recovered hundreds of millions for our clients. You can count on us to recover the maximum value of your claim, call us at (813) 222-8545.
Contact our law firm in Tampa, FL, to schedule your free consultation to discuss your left-turn accident.
How Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You Pursue Compensation After an Accident
Left-turn accidents can be surprisingly serious. Of course, you already know that if you were in one. However, you may not know that you could get more for your injury claim with the help of a Tampa car accident lawyer. Indeed, a legal professional can help you recover all your damages after your accident, from medical expenses to pain and suffering.
Catania & Catania, P.A. has been working with accident victims and their families for nearly 30 years. We use our experience, skills, and resources to get them the money they deserve for injuries and damages.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Explain personal injury laws and the claims process in Tampa, Florida
- Investigate the cause of your left turn accident and gather evidence proving fault and liability
- File insurance claims and monitor the progress of those claims
- Monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits under the Florida statute of limitations
- Calculate the value of your injury claim and aggressively fight to recover that amount
Having an experienced legal team on your side can improve your chances of success. Call our law office today to schedule a consultation with one of our Tampa car accident lawyers. Your initial consultation is free of charge.
Why Do Left Turn Accidents Happen in Tampa?
Left-hand turns at intersections are a common cause of intersection crashes. Drivers turning left must yield the right of way to oncoming vehicles if they do not have the green arrow or green light. Running a red light or stop sign is another common cause of left-turn accidents.
Other factors that contribute to the cause of left-turn accidents include:
- Failing to use turn signals
- A driver making the left turn from the right-hand lane
- Misjudging the distance of an oncoming vehicle
- Motorists who are drowsy or fatigued
- Driving under the influence
- Exceeding safe speed limits
- Distracted driving
When both drivers contribute to the cause of the crash, it may be difficult to prove which driver is primarily at fault in left-turn crashes. That’s why our legal team exhaustively searches for evidence of how the crash occurred. We interview witnesses, search for video of the accident, and consult accident reconstructionists and other experts.
Injuries Caused by Left Turn Accidents in Tampa
A person’s injuries in a left turn accident can be debilitating. These types of car crashes can cause life-threatening and catastrophic injuries.
Examples of injuries caused by left-turn crashes include:
- Multiple fractures and broken bones
- Injuries and damages to internal organs
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Wrongful death
A failure to yield the right of way accident can cause permanent impairments and disability. In addition, the cost of medical care and loss of income can be significant.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Left Turn Accident?
- Lost wages, including future loss of income and reduced earning capacity
- Reimbursement for the cost of medical treatment, personal care, and nursing care
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
Your compensation could be reduced if you are partially to blame for the cause of the crash according to the theory of contributory fault. Insurance companies use any information they can gather to avoid paying claims, including blaming the victim for causing the crash.
For that reason, it is best to talk with a personal injury lawyer before giving statements or signing documents for the insurance company. After a traffic accident, the steps you take can significantly impact the amount of money you receive for your injury claim. Having sound legal counsel can help you avoid making mistakes that could hurt your personal injury case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Left Turn Accident Lawyers
You should not be held liable if another party caused your left-turn accident. Instead, you deserve to be compensated for your damages. Our legal team at Catania & Catania, P.A. will work to make that happen.
Reach out to our office online or by phone to schedule your free case review with an accident attorney in Tampa, FL.